Great Robot Party Ideas
Whether it’s a first birthday or a fifth birthday or any age in between, a robot birthday party theme is the perfect option for a little boy. In fact, for my son, Sam’s own first birthday party, we had a robot theme. We picked it because we’re a house of sci-fi geeks and it’s only a matter of time before he will become one too.
When I was looking for ideas to plan his party, I came across a lot of great examples. From cute robots to modern to high tech, there are so many variations on this cool theme. If you’re planning our own robot party, here is some great inspiration. [And don’t miss our post: 30 Robot Birthday Parties You Will Love.]
Robot Birthday Party Cakes (and Cupcakes!)
1. Certainly, the most essential component for any robot themed party is having the perfect cake for your mini robot. For a simple option, check out what I did for a recent robot-themed dessert table. I made a plain cake and then covered the outside of it with rows of Skittles as well as gumballs. I then topped the cake with gumballs and fondant robots but you could easily substitute a robot from your child’s toy box instead.
2. At every party I have in our home, I have a combination of both cake and cupcakes. I love serving cupcakes because they’re ideal for little hands at a birthday party. Check out this post for 15 robot cake and cupcakes ideas, you’ll be beyond inspired!
3. If you are serving cupcakes, here’s a really cool DIY robot cupcake stand that can be assembled out of easily available household items including tin cans and pie plates. I love it.
Food For Party Guests
4. For themed food ideas, why not serve a pasta bar? You can name all of the different types and shapes of pasta after robot parts and gears. It works perfectly. Serve it with an Alfredo and a marinara sauce so that party guests can grease their gears!
5. I’m still a fan of having a full dessert bar for a birthday party. It’s something most people don’t do and it is a wonderful focal point for a party. But in addition to a dessert spread that is perfect for any robot sweet tooth, I like to have a healthy option available. Check out this adorable watermelon carved to look like a robot. It would be perfect.
Activities and Party Favors
5. At this robot party, they had an adorable craft idea. Guests made their own little robots out of paper cups and many household items including cloths pins and pipe cleaners. This not only gives the children a fun party favor to bring home, but is great for them to occupy their time and have fun together.
6. One of my favorite robot party favors ever are these robot shaped bubbles tied with a simple favor tag. Not only are they adorable, they are inexpensive!
Stephanie Keeping is mom to a boy names Sam, a blogger and an Etsy-preneur. She celebrates boyish charm at Spaceships and Laser Beams, where she talks about all things boy and birthday party. You can connect with her on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Twitter and on Etsy.
What are your favorite robot party ideas?