Hey party peeps!
The year has begun and I’m so excited for what 2016 will hold for me this year. I’m kicking off the new year with my first party post for 2016…Disney’s The Good Dinosaur Party. This is my son’s favorite movie currently and we have seen it twice now in the theaters! For those of you with 4 year olds, you know that that is a feat in itself! It was such a great movie and I predict that we will be seeing LOTS of The Good Dinosaur parties popping up this year. To help you out, here is a playdate that I set up for my kids and a few friends with ideas that you can use when planning your own The Good Dinosaur party.
– The Good Dinosaur Candy and Favor Bar featuring a color-coordinated mini Jelly Belly jelly bean bar
– Dining Table with dinosaur tail chairbacks
– Custom wood cutout of my son’s name
– “Sleep Tight, Don’t Let the Dinos Bite!” pajama and book party favors
– “Make Your Mark” handprint activity
– “Hide & Seek” Dino Egg Hunt activity
– The Good Dinosaur Coloring Sheets party activity
Decorate With Life-Size Character Standups:
Use life-size cardboard character standups to transform your party space and provide amazing photo backdrop for photos of the kids.
Serve Sweets Themed from the Movie:
Arlo’s favorite food in the movie was sweet red berries! Here I served red raspberry gel candies from Jelly Belly…the kids loved these!
Re-purpose Store-Bought Licensed Decorations:
This pack of hanging swirl decorations are intended to hang from the ceiling. Instead, I cut the Arlo and Butch characters off of their strings, taped them to bamboo paper straws and used them as decor for my candy jars. I also left the metallic swirls in the pack flat and used them as coasters on the dining table to add a bit of shine.
Set Up Activities that Connect to the Movie:
In the movie, Arlo’s mission was to get his footprint on his family’s wall which can only be done after he successfully completed his task. Here the kids were sent on a Dino Egg Hunt to find their colored dino eggs all around the house. Once they were done, they covered their hands in fingerprint and made their handprints on a paper plate to take home.
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE PARTY INSPIRATION & IDEAS!
CLICK HERE to check out my Pinterest board for LOTS of inspiration and ideas.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE BLOG POST!
Want to get more of my “Girlfriend Tips” and party inspiration? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it! AND…you’ll get a code for 10% off your next order in our shop.
Cheers! DID YOU SEE THE GOOD DINOSAUR MOVIE? WHAT DID YOU THINK?
WHERE DID SHE GET THAT?
– Styling and photography: Soiree Event Design
– Wood name cutout: Ten23 Designs
– Rock candy and Sixlets: Candy Warehouse
– The Good Dinosaur party supplies and standups: Shindigz
– Bling candy scoop: Lavish Parties & Prints by Talia
– Jelly beans and raspberry gel candies: Jelly Belly