Hey party peeps!
Something new I’ll be sharing on the blog–Tutorials: “How’d She Do That!” where in addition to sharing with you my tips on how you can have a fabulous, high-end looking event for less, I will share how I made some of the elements I used! Today’s post is all about how to create an amazing wow-factor using a high-impact, low-cost backdrop using an inexpensive item–PAPER PLATES! AND…LOTS OF THEM!
Backdrops, when used correctly should visually wow your guests as soon as they enter the room. They can be as pricey as fabric draping with uplights for hundreds of dollars to as simple as using paper plates for a few dollars! First of all, let me say that I would have never thought of putting a paper plate on a wall until I saw Piggy Bank Parties begin this trend. Now… I’m hooked!
Here you can see how I went CRAZY with paper plates to create buttons…and LOTS of them! The theme of this party was a Lalaloopsy inspired Mommy & Me Playdate. I happen to be a HUGE Lalaloopsy fan and jumped at the chance to design this event for 16 of my Girl Scouts and their moms. They walked into the room and gasped at the fabulousness of the “Button Wall” backdrop! YAY!!!! Total score…and you won’t believe how much that high-impact wow factor cost me & how easy it was to create.
Check out how you can create your own “Budget Chic Button Wall” backdrop:
Here’s what you’ll need:
– lunch size colored paper plates
– dessert size black paper plates
– round colored labels
– removable mounting squares or Glue Dots™
How to assemble:
1. using Glue Dots, adhere a small black dessert plate in the center of a large colored lunch plate
2. place 4 same color round labels in the middle to create the button holes
3. repeat to make as many buttons as you need to cover your wall
4. place them on the wall with removable Glue Dots™ or removable mounting squares
THAT’S IT! SUPER-EASY and the WOW-FACTOR is totally impactful!
Total price of the button wall I created: $20
– 4 packs of lunch size colored paper plates in four different colors ($8 Target)
– 2 packs of dessert size paper plates in black ($4 Target)
– 2 packs of round colored labels ($4 Target)
– 1 box of removable 1″ Glue Dots™ ($4 Michaels)
A huge wow-factor for $20! Who knew packs of paper plates could be so “Budget Chic!”
Let me know if you use this idea at your next party! I’d love to see how you use it! Send me pics!!!
Want to see the entire Lalaloopsy inspired party? Click here for all the party photos.
“Cute As A Button!”© PRINTABLES are NOW AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW SHOP. Click here to see.