Hey party peeps! Day of the Dead Week continues with this Monster High Skelita Calaveras Day of the Dead Party Candy Bar! just in time for your upcoming TWEEN or ADULT Halloween parties. Candy bars are such a wow-factor addition to any party and this one does NOT disappoint. I stocked the candy table full of bright colorful candy mixed in with themed desserts. Halloween is all about candy after all! My daughter Faith LOVES Skelita Calaveras and wanted to be her for Halloween this year, but didn’t want a party that was too kiddie, so this design uses only the Monster High doll in the decor and Faith, in her costume, was the star of this party!
HOW DID SHE DO THAT?
Check out how I styled this and be sure to read the “Girlfriend Tips” for lots of my tips and tricks and scroll down to the end of the post for a shopping list.
Day of the Dead Candy Bar!
The design was easy…bright colors, flowers and of course sugar skulls! Adding flowers was fun with this bright rosette table linen and backdrop as well as these tall custom designed flower centerpieces made with gorgeous candle holders from Save On Crafts. The wow-factor to the table was this gorgeous custom designed Sugar Skull Wood Cut Backdrop made by Ten23 Designs! It comes as an unfinished wood cutout which is perfect for me! Then I can have all the fun painting, glittering and embellishing it to match my party’s decor plan perfectly! Custom cut wood pieces are perfect when you have a specific idea of what you want but can’t find it anywhere! Simply send Ten23 Designs your idea and they will custom design your unfinished wood cutout from small 2″ pieces to huge 22″ pieces like this one and ship it to you.
GIRLFRIEND TIP: For this I knew Michaels would be a one-stop shop for all the craft supplies I would need to bring my bright bling Sugar Skull backdrop to life — chalkboard spray paint, chalk markers, rhinestone & flower stickers and glitter glue! While shopping in Michaels I also saw these smaller wood cut sugar skulls that I knew would be perfect to add to the party as an activity for the guests, but also would add to the decor for the Candy Bar! CHECK BACK THIS FRIDAY FOR THE FULL TUTORIAL ON HOW I MADE THIS.
Day of the Dead Custom Desserts
Day of the Dead is such a fun theme to design for and adding fun custom themed desserts was a must! Check out these fabulous Sugar Skull iced cookies from Creating Awesomenessity, Sugar Skull fondant cake from Fancy Cakes and budget friendly Sugar Skull lollipops from Oriental Trading.
GIRLFRIEND TIP: Day of the Dead party decor is all about bright colors so make sure to offer a mix of brightly colored candy like this array from Sweet City Candy and SweetWorks and display them in clear tall glass Apothecary Jars like this 3-piece set from Koyal Wholesale and shorter glass bowls like these from Michaels so you can see all the candy’s gorgeous colors! Don’t forget the candy scoops! These rhinestone candy scoops from Talia’s Creative Printing adds just the right touch of sparkle!
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN PARTY IDEAS?
Click the links below to see lots more of my Halloween Party Ideas
– DIY Day of the Dead Glasses and Tray Set
– How to Make Ghost Pops!
– Boo Bunch Kid Friendly Halloween Party
– DIY Frankenstein Pedestals
– DIY Pumpkin Pedestals 3 Ways!
– Vintage Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– Black Widow Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– Bling Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– “WitchCRAFT” Halloween Kids Party
– Kid-Friendly Boo Bunch Monster Halloween Party
– “Twilight Fairy’s Hollow” Halloween Kids Party
– “Trick-or-Treat Street” Halloween Kids Party Candy Table
– “Haunted Farmhouse” Adult Halloween Party Dessert Table
– “Spooky Lab” Science Halloween Kids Party
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party
– DIY Day of the Dead Halloween Wreath
– DIY Day of the Dead Headband
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party Candy Table
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party Photo Booth
– DIY Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Party Decorations
– DIY Sparkly Spider Wreath
– Vampire Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
– PEANUTS® Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Halloween Kids Party
– Ghost Pop Recipe
– “Bitten” Snow White Witch’s Lair
– Gold & Plaid Halloween Glam Dinner Party
– Monster High Party “Ghouls RULE” Party
– Monster High Halloween Party “Ghoul Glam”
Want to get more of my tips? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it!
SHOP THIS LOOK
CLICK HERE to check out my Day of the Dead Pinterest board for a virtual shopping list of most of the items I used in this party’s design along with prices and links to purchase them.
Follow Soiree Event Design’s board Day of the dead party on Pinterest.
WHERE DID SHE GET THAT?
– Styling & photography: Soiree Event Design
– Monster High Skelita Calaveras doll: Target
– Monster High Skelita Calaveras costume, purple charger plates & skull garland: Party City
– Large sugar skull wood cutout: Ten23 Designs
– Skull lollipops & Day of the Dead dessert paper plates: Oriental Trading
– 2 small wood skull cutouts, rhinestone stickers, chalk markers & round glass bowls: Michaels
– Tall black candleholders: Save On Crafts
– Day of the Dead cookies: Creating Awesomenessity
– White chocolate covered Oreos: Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins
– Gumballs, sugar pearls, chocolate balls: Celebration by SweetWorks®
– Rock candy: Sweet City Candy
– Turquoise & rainbow rhinestone candy scoops: Talia’s Creative Printing
– Glitter cupcake wrappers: Dress My Cupcake
– Fondant flower cupcake toppers: Lynlee’s Petite Cakes
– Apothecary jars & green flower pomanders: Koyal Wholesale
– Mini glass jars with lids: The TomKat Studio Shop
— Monster High (@MonsterHigh) November 1, 2014
All photos and text in this post are copyrighted to Soiree Event Design and may NOT be copied from this site and used in any way without permission from the owner. Pinning images, of course, is allowed and encouraged.