Hey party peeps! I’ve had so much fun sharing with you my Day of the Dead Party Ideas this week just in time for your upcoming TWEEN or ADULT Halloween parties. Let’s wrap it up with my Day of the Dead Photo Booth and photo tips. Remember, my tween daughter Faith fell in love with the Skelita Calaveras Halloween costume so it was clear that would be our twist on the Day of the Dead party theme.
HOW DID SHE DO THAT?
Dressing up at a party is always my absolute favorite part of a themed party! You get THE BEST shots and guests just come out of their shells when dressed up and even sometimes pretend to be in character of the person they are dressing up as which is always tons of fun to capture in photos! Check out my tips on getting AWESOME photos!
Use Your Candy Bar as a Backdrop!
When your party space area is limited, setting up a stand alone photo booth may not work, so here is a photo booth that you can setup by taking advantage of your wow-factor Day of the Dead Candy Buffet as the backdrop for your photos! Look how great all the fun colors of the candy bar look in the background of the photos. All you have to do is have your guests stand in front of it and snap away!
Have Paper Photo Props on Hand!
How amazing are these paper sugar skull photo props on sticks from Oriental Trading! They are inexpensive and you get a 6 in a pack for $6. That’s $1 each! You can afford to have one for each guest at that price and send them home with them as Day of the Dead party favors!
Use Your Party Decor as Props!
I do this one a lot! Why spend a bunch of extra money on expensive photo props. Just use the items you already are using in your party decor! Here I got some great shots of Faith interacting with the Monster High Skelita Calaveras doll and the sparkly sugar skull from Michaels that was part of the dining table centerpiece!
Don’t Forget the Closeups!
Closeups are so much fun! Encourage your guests to get creative and not look at the camera on every shot. Go ahead…get crazy and make funny faces! The end result is a fun shot!
Want to get more of my tips? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it!
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN PARTY IDEAS?
Click the links below to see lots more of my Halloween Party Ideas
– DIY Day of the Dead Glasses and Tray Set
– How to Make Ghost Pops!
– Boo Bunch Kid Friendly Halloween Party
– DIY Frankenstein Pedestals
– DIY Pumpkin Pedestals 3 Ways!
– Vintage Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– Black Widow Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– Bling Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– “WitchCRAFT” Halloween Kids Party
– Kid-Friendly Boo Bunch Monster Halloween Party
– “Twilight Fairy’s Hollow” Halloween Kids Party
– “Trick-or-Treat Street” Halloween Kids Party Candy Table
– “Haunted Farmhouse” Adult Halloween Party Dessert Table
– “Spooky Lab” Science Halloween Kids Party
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party
– DIY Day of the Dead Halloween Wreath
– DIY Day of the Dead Headband
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party Candy Table
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party Photo Booth
– DIY Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Party Decorations
– DIY Sparkly Spider Wreath
– Vampire Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
– PEANUTS® Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Halloween Kids Party
– Ghost Pop Recipe
– “Bitten” Snow White Witch’s Lair
– Gold & Plaid Halloween Glam Dinner Party
– Monster High Party “Ghouls RULE” Party
– Monster High Halloween Party “Ghoul Glam”
SHOP THIS LOOK
CLICK HERE to check out my Day of the Dead Pinterest board for a virtual shopping list of most of the items I used in this party’s design along with prices and links to purchase them.
Follow Soiree Event Design’s board Day of the dead party on Pinterest.
WHERE DID SHE GET THAT?
– Styling & photography: Soiree Event Design
– Day Of The Dead paper sugar skull photo prop sticks: Oriental Trading
– Sparkly pink sugar skulls: Michaels
– Monster High Skelita Calaveras doll: Target
– Monster High Skelita Calaveras Costume: Party City
All photos and text in this post are copyrighted to Soiree Event Design and may NOT be copied from this site and used in any way without permission from the owner. Pinning images, of course, is allowed and encouraged.