Hey party peeps! Need a last minute Halloween costume idea? Well, this couldn’t get any easier or cuter. This tutorial was inspired by my daughter, Faith who is an avid DIY’er! She makes things ALL THE TIME and one of her signature crafts is her custom headbands. So, I asked her to teach me HOW TO MAKE A DAY OF THE DEAD HEADBAND that I could wear this year for Halloween with my super cool Day of the Dead mask. Now all of you can find out how too! If you like her tutorial, you can find her over on her own YouTube channel where she teaches LOTS of really cool DIY projects! Click here to see this entire tutorial on YouTube!
NOW…LET’S GET CRAFTING!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
First we started with a trip to Michaels to get all of the supplies we needed that included:
– Headband (wide band)
– Acrylic paint (various colors)
– 3 bunches of small white flowers
– Plastic spiders
– Hot glue gun
HERE’S NOW TO MAKE IT:
Now that we have all of our supplies, we are ready to get started!
Step 1: Remove the flower heads from the stems
Step 2: Hot glue the flowers all along the top of the headband
Step 3: Paint each flower a different color. Don’t paint the entire flower, you want to get a splatter effect by using a wide paintbrush and pushing down on to the center of each flower with the paintbrush.
Step 4: Add a plastic spider
That’s it! Super easy and cute! Perfect for my Halloween outfit!
DAY OF THE DEAD WREATH!
We also created a Day of the Dead wreath to match this for my front door. Click here to see HOW TO MAKE A DAY OF THE DEAD WREATH.
WHERE DID SHE GET THAT?
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN INSPIRATION?
Check out my HALLOWEEN PINTEREST BOARD full of Halloween party and decor ideas! Follow Soiree Event Design’s Halloween Inspiration Board on Pinterest.
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN PARTY IDEAS?
Click the links below to see lots more of my Halloween Party Ideas
– DIY Day of the Dead Glasses and Tray Set
– How to Make Ghost Pops!
– Boo Bunch Kid Friendly Halloween Party
– DIY Frankenstein Pedestals
– DIY Pumpkin Pedestals 3 Ways!
– Vintage Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– Black Widow Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– Bling Spider Halloween Dinner Party Table
– “WitchCRAFT” Halloween Kids Party
– Kid-Friendly Boo Bunch Monster Halloween Party
– “Twilight Fairy’s Hollow” Halloween Kids Party
– “Trick-or-Treat Street” Halloween Kids Party Candy Table
– “Haunted Farmhouse” Adult Halloween Party Dessert Table
– “Spooky Lab” Science Halloween Kids Party
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party
– DIY Day of the Dead Halloween Wreath
– DIY Day of the Dead Headband
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party Candy Table
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party Photo Booth
– DIY Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Party Decorations
– DIY Sparkly Spider Wreath
– Vampire Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
– PEANUTS® Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Halloween Kids Party
– Ghost Pop Recipe
– “Bitten” Snow White Witch’s Lair
– Gold & Plaid Halloween Glam Dinner Party
– Monster High Party “Ghouls RULE” Party
– Monster High Halloween Party “Ghoul Glam”
Want to get more of my “Girlfriend Tips” and party inspiration?
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it! AND…you’ll get a code for 10% off your next order in our shop.