Happy Holidays party peeps! You all know how much I am loving’ this new Gold Trend! The great thing is, it isn’t showing any signs of dying out, so I’m betting it’s going to be sticking around for a while! To get in on this hot trend this holiday season for your holiday parties, I’m going to show you HOW TO SET UP A HOLIDAY GOLD CANDY TABLE using fabulous candy from Candy Warehouse. The best part about this candy table design is it will work for any holiday including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve! Don’t miss my other posts on How to Set Up a Candy Buffet & How Much Does it Cost and How Much Candy Will I Need.
Tis’ the season for holiday entertaining and one thing I love to do is set up a candy table to double as both a dessert for a dinner party and as take-home gifts for my guests! Gotta love that double-duty use! Since the holidays are such a busy time, I hope this post will make setting up a gold candy table easy and stress-free when you follow my “Girlfriend Tips” below. I’m also putting in the vendor credits at the end of this post all of the items I used on this table to make a virtual shopping list all ready for you! TOTAL SCORE, RIGHT!
HOW TO SET UP A HOLIDAY GOLD CANDY TABLE!
START WITH A FABULOUS BACKDROP AND TABLE LINEN!
Setting up any candy table starts with the backdrop and table linen. For this gold candy table, I wanted the gold candy to have a contrast to the backdrop so I decided to go with a white fur backdrop that gives the feeling of snow. To do this I simply attached a white fur blanket to my backdrop stand. To contrast the white fur, I used a sparkly gold sequin table linen on the table to give the table some holiday sparkle!
GIRLFRIEND TIP: If you don’t have a backdrop stand, you could use clear thumb tacks instead which will disappear in the fur but just be aware that it will leave a tiny hole in your wall.
CREATE AN AMAZING CENTERPIECE!
How stunning is this centerpiece! I found this CHEERS marquee sign in Sam’s Club and snatched it up quick! How fabulous is it on this gold candy table! To add some height to the table’s centerpiece, I placed my tall gold glittered tree behind the marquee sign and decorated it with sparkly gold ornaments.
GIRLFRIEND TIP: When using decor that spells out a word make sure you can see it. To make sure that the word CHEERS can be seen and not be blocked by the candy bowls, I elevated the sign on the table by placing it on top of a row of white photo boxes. It provides just the right height so it’s not blocked and allows the light from the marquee sign makes the candy and table linen sparkle!
Add in a few more gold sparkly ornaments and gold holiday decorations on the table.
USE GOLD FOILED WRAPPED CANDY!
There are many candy options that come in gold foil wrappers but for this, I decided to focus only on chocolate. The key here is to offer a variety of chocolates in a variety of flavors for your guests. I included milk chocolate, caramel, nuts, white chocolate truffles, and hazelnut flavors—something for everyone! How fabulous would this Chocolate Table be paired with a Wine Cart! You could turn this into a Wine & Chocolate Bar!
GIRLFRIEND TIP: Now here’s my favorite tip! Whenever I need gold candy for any of my candy tables, I ALWAYS go for the gold wrapped candy instead of trying to find gold colored candy which usually has a mustard yellow color and not that bright metallic gold color that I’m looking for! Look for candy that is wrapped in metallic gold foil wrappers. They will give you that true gold color you’re looking for.
GOLD CANDY TABLE SHOPPING LIST!
To make it easy for you to re-create this gold candy table and take the guesswork out of how much candy to order, here’s a list of exactly what candy I ordered for this table and how much of each:
– Gold Foiled Chocolate Candy Balls (one 5 lb bag) Item #125723
– Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Squares with Caramel (one 50 piece) Item #125656
– Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Balls (one 48-piece box) Item #127519
– Lindt White Chocolate Lindor Truffles (one 60-piece box) Item #130327
– Hershey’s Kisses Gold Foiled Milk Chocolate with Almonds (one 4 lb bag) Item #127514
USE A COMBINATION OF BOWLS AND TRAYS!
To create a visually balanced gold candy table, use a combination of tall bowls, low bowls, and trays. The Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares fit perfectly laid out on a tray.
The round chocolates obviously won’t display well on a tray so, for those, I display in clear or gold containers.
Be sure to include a candy scoop on the table like these sparkly gold rhinestone candy scoops from Talia’s Lavish Parties and Prints to make it easy for guests to fill their candy bags.
I like to use a combination of taller apothecary jars and shorter bowls to create varying heights on the table. Put all your trays in the front and the taller jars in the back.
GIRLFRIEND TIP: Save yourself some time. The Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Balls come already in a clear tray, so you can simply place that clear tray on one of your display trays and they stay in perfect rows! Gotta love that trick!
ADD IN SPARKLY GOLD CAKE POPS!
Add in some of these sparkly gold cake pops just in case some of your guests don’t eat candy. How fabulous are these!
I’d love to hear from you about how you are celebrating the holidays this year and hope I’ve inspired you to recreate this gold candy table on your own for your upcoming holiday parties.
PIN FOR LATER!
WHERE DID SHE GET THAT?
– Styling and photography: Soiree Event Design
– All gold foiled wrapped candy: Candy Warehouse
– Gold rhinestone candy scoops: Talia’s Lavish Parties and Prints
– Gold sequin table linen, apothecary jars and gold glittered tree: Koyal Wholesale
– Gold bowls & gold ornaments: Target
– White fur blanket: Z Gallerie
– White trays: Home Goods
– Cheers marquee sign: Sam’s Club
– White photo boxes: Michaels
– Gold glittered cake pops: Sparkling Sweets Boutique
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR LOTS OF INSPIRATION!
CLICK HERE to check out my PINTEREST BOARD full of recipes, parties, home decor, DIY projects and more!
WANT MORE CHRISTMAS IDEAS?
Click the links below to see lots more of my Christmas Ideas
– Rudolph Christmas Party Ideas
– Rudolph Cupcakes
– Rudolph Christmas Party Drink Station
– Merry & Bright Christmas Party
– FREE Holiday Printables
– Christmas Modern Farmhouse Stocking Mantel
– DIY Gold Paper Mini Tree Decorations
– Holiday Cupcakes & Cocktails Recipes
– DIY Black and White Christmas Wreath
– Black and White Christmas Tablescape
– Christmas Gift Wrapping Party
– DIY Woodland Christmas Wreath
– Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips
– Decorate Mini Christmas Trees
– Happy Howlidays Monster High Party
– Woodland Wonderland Party + FREE Printables
– Rustic Chic Christmas Decorations
– Modern Glam Christmas Decorations
– Holiday Favorite Things Party
– Red and White Christmas Party + FREE Printables
– Gold and White Christmas Kids Table
– Pudding and Cookies Christmas Dessert Table
– Holiday Tween Crafting Party
– Gold and White Christmas Tablescape
– Modern Outdoor Holiday Decor
– FREE Holiday Printables
– Christmas Eve Dinner Party + Coffee Bar
– Gingerbread House Decorating Party
– Grinch Themed Christmas Party
– Holiday Mocktails Recipes
– Holiday Personalized Pajamas
– OREO Cookie Balls + Decorating Party
DON’T MISS A THING!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it! AND…you’ll get a code for 10% off your next order in our shop. YUP…GOTTA LOVE THAT!
All photos and text in this post are copyrighted to Soiree Event Design and may NOT be copied from this site and used in any way without permission from the owner. Pinning images, of course, is allowed and encouraged.