Hey party peeps! Today, I’m going to share with you How To Make Your Own Sushi – California Rolls – With Your Kids! I don’t know about you, but my kids LOVE to cook and make their own snacks and are always in the kitchen when I’m cooking asking to help. My daughters tasted a California Roll in a restaurant one day and liked it so I thought it would be cool to make them at home. This is a great way to get your kids to taste dishes that they might not otherwise, as my kids are way more likely to eat a new food if they helped in making it!
HOW TO MAKE SUSHI WITH YOUR KIDS!
My kids like California Rolls but have never made them at home, so I thought it would be cool to have us make our own California Rolls. It was actually easy enough for the kids to do too. How cool would this be to do as a group at a party activity!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
– seaweed wrappers (Nori)
– sticky white rice
– imitation crab meat sticks
– soy sauce
– bamboo mat
– plastic wrap
– sharp knife
HERE’S HOW TO DO IT:
– Peel and cut a large cucumber into sticks.
– Make your short-grain rice (let cool atleast 2 hours) or use a pint of take-out sticky white rice.
– Lay the bamboo mat flat on the counter (horizontally), place a layer of plastic wrap on top of the mat and then top with one seaweed wrapper.
– Spread a layer of white rice to cover the entire seaweed wrapper. Be sure to keep a bowl of water handy to dip your fingers into so the rice doesn’t stick to your fingers.
– Flip the seaweed wrapper over so that the rice layer is on the bottom. The plastic wrap should stay on the bamboo mat.
– Place 1 row of imitation crab leg, cucumber stick & avocado on top of the rice layer lengthwise on one end of the seaweed wrapper
– Begin to roll the California Roll being sure to press it firmly together as you roll it and not wrapping the plastic wrap in it.
– Once it’s completely rolled, press the roll firmly with the bamboo mat then gently remove the mat and the plastic wrap.
– Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into 6 pieces. Be sure to dip the knife into water before you slice it to prevent the knife from sticking to the insides of the roll.
– Serve with soy sauce or spicy mayo & eat with chopsticks.
I hope you are inspired to make your own California Rolls with your kids.
– Photography: Soiree Event Design
DON’T MISS A SINGLE POST!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it! AND…you’ll get a code for 10% off your next order in our shop.
FOLLOW ME ON INTEREST FOR LOTS OF INSPIRATION!
CLICK HERE to check out my PINTEREST BOARD full of recipes, parties, home decor and more!