Hey, party peeps! Have you already decorated your house for Halloween? Well, I have had my house decorated in five different Halloween themes over the past few months for different photo shoots so I can give you guys LOTS of Halloween party and decorating ideas! My kids have been LOVIN’ it! The latest was my BOO BLACK AND WHITE HALLOWEEN PARTY where I made my own BLACK AND WHITE BOO COFFIN WALL SIGN!
<h2LET’S MAKE A DIY BLACK AND WHITE BOO COFFIN SIGN
On a trip to Michael’s, I went looking for a centerpiece idea to use in my recent BOO BLACK AND WHITE HALLOWEEN PARTY. I couldn’t find anything exactly what I was looking for, so I decided to make my own. Want to see how to make it? Let’s get started!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
– BOO wooden letters (or an assembled BOO sign attached with ribbon or twine)
– large wood coffin shaped sign
– black plastic spiders
– white Rustoleum spray paint
– mini glue dots
– double-sided tape or hot glue
STEP 1: DISASSEMBLE THE HANGING BOO SIGN!
First things first, cut all the ribbons off of the BOO letters that are attaching it as a sign so that the letters are separated. If you bought BOO letters, you can skip this step and start with Step #2.
STEP 2: PAINT THE BOO LETTERS!
Next, in a well-ventilated area, fully cover your BOO letters with white Rustoleum spray paint. I LOVE Rustoleum’s Ultra Cover Paint + Primer. Since it has a primer built in, it covers much easier and without having to do multiple coats. Let fully dry.
STEP 3: ATTACH THE BOO LETTERS TO THE COFFIN SIGN!
STEP 4: COVER HOLES WITH SPIDERS
Place a mini glue dot on the back of black spiders and attach them to the sign on the areas where you can see the small holes where the BOO letters were attached with the ribbon. If you used BOO letters, you can just place your spiders wherever you want on the letters.
NOW IT’S TIME TO DISPLAY IT!
The black wooden coffin sign already came with a ribbon hanger on the top, so all I have to do now is hang it. You can hang it on your front door to welcome guests, but keep in mind that it won’t hold up against rain, so if you have a glass storm door, you should be fine. OR you can use it as an indoor decor piece somewhere in your home. I love how it looks as a centerpiece to my BOO BLACK AND WHITE HALLOWEEN PARTY. Click over to see the entire party.
GIRLFRIEND TIP: When hanging your sign on a door or a wall, use 3M Command Wall Hooks. They are super sturdy and won’t damage your door or walls when you remove it. If you want to use it as an indoor Halloween decoration like I did, use a free-standing shepherd’s hook. It adjusts the height so you can move it up to whatever height you want and don’t have to hang it.
So, I hope this easy DIY Halloween project has inspired you to make your own decorations if you can’t find something pre-made that matches your home decor or party theme. And be sure to hop over to my BOO BLACK AND WHITE HALLOWEEN PARTY to see the entire party and lots of how-to tips to recreate it yourself.
PIN FOR LATER!
– DIY project & Photography: Soiree Event Design
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR LOTS OF INSPIRATION!
CLICK HERE to check out my PINTEREST BOARD full of recipes, parties, home decor, DIY projects and more!
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN PARTY IDEAS?
Click the links below to see lots more of my Halloween Party Ideas
– Black and White Halloween Party
– DIY Ghost Balloon Floaters
– DIY Black and White BOO Wall Sign
– Ghost Halloween Party Games
– Kid-Friendly Spookadelic Halloween Party
– Midnight Fairies Halloween Party
– DIY Day of the Dead Glasses and Tray Set
– How to Make Ghost Pops!
– Boo Bunch Kid Friendly Halloween Party
– DIY Frankenstein Pedestals
– DIY Pumpkin Pedestals 3 Ways!
– Vintage Spider Halloween Party Dining Table
– Black Widow Spider Halloween Party Dining Table
– Bling Spider Halloween Party
– “WitchCRAFT” Halloween Kids Party
– Kid-Friendly Boo Bunch Monster Halloween Party
– “Twilight Fairy’s Hollow” Halloween Kids Party
– “Trick-or-Treat Street” Halloween Kids Party Candy Table
– “Haunted Farmhouse” Adult Halloween Party Dessert Table
– “Spooky Lab” Science Halloween Kids Party
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party
– DIY Day of the Dead Halloween Wreath
– DIY Day of the Dead Headband
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party Candy Table
– Day of the Dead Halloween Party Photo Booth
– DIY Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Party Decorations
– DIY Sparkly Spider Wreath
– Vampire Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
– PEANUTS® Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Halloween Kids Party
– Ghost Pop Recipe
– “Bitten” Snow White Witch’s Lair
– Gold & Plaid Halloween Glam Dinner Party
– Monster High Party “Ghouls RULE” Party
– Monster High Halloween Party “Ghoul Glam”
DON’T MISS A THING!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it! AND…you’ll get a code for 10% off your next order in our shop. YUP…GOTTA LOVE THAT!
All photos and text in this post are copyrighted to Soiree Event Design and may NOT be copied from this site and used in any way without permission from the owner. Pinning images, of course, is allowed and encouraged.