Hey party peeps!
Kicking off February with 14 days of Valentine’s Day ideas for parties, sweets, favors, activities, gifts and more! Today I’m kicking it off with our Puppy Love Valentine’s Day party featuring our “Puppy Luv” puppy theme printables just featured on my “Look For Less” series on Hostess With The Mostess! If you missed the post, you can check it out by clicking here.
When trying to come up with a theme for your Valentine’s Day party, why not choose a theme based on what your child currently LOVES! My 2 daughters LOVE puppies! In fact, my 4 year old daughter is in LOVE with the 5 puppies from the Disney “Air Buddies” movies. That was the inspiration for this party! First step…design a custom party printable set. Click here to see the full set available in our shop.
Check out the party pics and be sure to scroll all the way down for my 6 “Budget Chic” tips on how to pull off a Valentine’s Day party for $100! These tips can be used for any party so don’t miss it 🙂
6 “BUDGET CHIC” VALENTINE’S DAY PARTY TIPS:
1. Use free shipping & online coupon codes!
Always signup for email updates from your favorite vendors to keep up to date with promotions and to take advantage of free shipping offers. I was able to take advantage of $10 off and free shipping offers from Oriental Trading. Also, before I buy anything online, I check my favorite online coupon code source (www.retailmenot.com) to see if there is an active coupon code I can use.
2. Use gift cards and coupons you got for free while doing your Christmas shopping!
While doing your Christmas shopping hold on to the free % off coupons or gift cards with purchase you get and then use them in January to purchase the more expensive items for your upcoming Valentine’s Day party. I was able to purchase for FREE all of the white boxes with lids from Michaels this way.
3. Spend the majority of the budget on custom & personalized extras like fondant & printables!
Even on a budget, you can still incorporate a few high-end designer items. I chose to use custom fondant toppers & personalized printables to give this party a high-end polished look. This way I can spend a fraction of the budget on store-bought sweets and then more money on the fondant toppers to give them that high-end designer look. Little girls love to see their names printed on things. Here I used our “Puppy Luv” printables that add that extra special touch that makes your event unique and memorable. “Puppy Luv” printables are available now in our shop here.
4. Stock up on after Valentine’s Day clearance items for next year’s party!
I do this religiously! There are some craft & favor items that you know for sure you can use time and time again. I stock up on stickers, papers, ribbon, favors, etc. during the after Valentine’s Day clearance sales when it’s 75% off. Now I have a stash to use for next year’s party! You can also scour the after Christmas sales too to stock up on red decor items you can use for your upcoming Valentine’s Day party!
5. Use a theme that your child LOVES and a color palette that you own already!
Usually if you choose a theme that the child already loves, there’s a good chance that they own lots of gently used toys and decor items that you can use in your party decor. Using a color palette you already own allows you to reuse items you already have. White & silver are always my go-to colors!
6. Buy something once and use it in many different ways!
I do this alot when working with a tight budget. When favor items come in dozens and I only need 6 (for example), I will find creative ways to use the other 6 favor items in the decor (saving $). Here, I had to purchase a dozen of the dog charms, so I used 4 charms on the stems of the margarita glasses, 4 charms to accessorize the puppies and 4 to dress up plain dog tags as take home favors…ALL FOR $3!
$100 BUDGET BREAKDOWN:
– “Puppy Luv!” printables ($25 Soiree-EventDesignShop.com)
– 8 fondant toppers ($13 Lynlee’s Petite Cakes)
– 4 white dog bowls ($4 Dollar Tree)
– 2 packs rhinestones ($6 Walmart)
– 4 cupcakes ($3 local grocery store)
– 1 bag mini marshmallows ($1 Walmart)
– dog charms ($3 Oriental Trading)
– chenille stems ($1 Michaels)
– 4 stuffed animal puppies ($0 each guest brought their own)
– 4 white boxes w/lids (Michaels FREE with $15 off coupon reg. $1.99 ea saved $8)
– 4 collars ($4 Dollar Tree)
– puppy paper kit ($7 Oriental Trading)
– 4 wood puppy houses ($12 Michaels with 20% off coupon. reg. $3.99 each)
– 12 satin bow clips ($3)
– 4 snowball cakes ($3 local grocery store)
– 4 pink swirl lollipops ($4 Oriental Trading $1 each)
– 4 small white boxes (Michaels FREE with $15 off coupon reg. $1.49 ea saved $6)
– 4 dog tags ($2 Oriental Trading 50¢ each)
– 12 mini plush puppies ($5 Oriental Trading with $10 coupon reg. $15/dozen)
– 4 sparkly collars ($4 Dollar Tree)
– puppy tablecloths (I already owned this fabric from JoAnn Fabrics)
Want more “Budget Chic” tips? Click over to my blog for more as well as the details of this party! “The Girlfriend’s Guide to Party Planning”