Hey, party peeps! I’m continuing today with my Tablescape Design Series where I share with you how to style a dining table 5 different ways for 5 different party themes using solid colored tableware. Today it’s, HOW TO STYLE A TROPICAL PARTY TABLESCAPE!
I know, I know, summer is almost over, but I can’t help but hang on a little while longer and show you guys this fabulous Tropical Party Tablescape that is perfect for adult dinner parties. I live in a cold-weather climate so hosting parties outside is normally hard outside of the summer months, so I’m always looking for ways to bring the tropical, outside element inside year-round. Check out my Girlfriend Tips throughout this post to make setting this up yourself easy and stress-free…AND…be sure to go to the end of the post for an online shopping list of what I used to design this tablescape, so you can easily recreate this yourself!
1. GIRLFRIEND TIP: START WITH DISPOSABLE SOLID COLORED TABLEWARE!
To give this table a modern look, I started with a color palette that reminded me of a tropical island. Blue for the sea, gold for the sun and white for the clouds.
2. GIRLFRIEND TIP: ADD NATURAL ELEMENTS TO YOUR PLACE SETTING!
I also think of wood and green tropical leaves when I think of a tropical setting, so I layered the solid colored plates on top of a wood charger and placed a large green tropical palm leaf under each charger. To add a bit of shine, like the sun on a tropical beach, I used metallic gold cutlery that…guess what…are disposable! OH YEAH!
Using a charger under paper plates gives your place setting a more high-end look. Chargers come in so many colors and styles that you can find one to match almost any party theme. A new trend that has emerged in tablescapes are these wood chargers and they are just fabulous, don’t you think? Reminds me of bamboo on a tropical island. PERFECT!
3. GIRLFRIEND TIP: USE GLASSWARE INSTEAD OF PAPER CUPS!
I do this for all my adult parties. I keep an inventory of clear glassware and sometimes if the budget allows, I’ll look for themed glassware to match my party’s table design like I did here with these ceramic tiki tumblers from Oriental Trading. These ceramic tiki tumblers are $12.99 for a set of four, so I purchased two sets. Finish them off with a gold and white paper striped straw for a fun look.
5. GIRLFRIEND TIP: FINISH WITH A TROPICAL CENTERPIECE!
Bring the outside in with these faux tropical plants in modern white vases. Start with a large one in the center of the table and then add two smaller versions on each side. In between them, I added these luau leaf light up lanterns from Oriental Trading. The lanterns are battery-powered and add a pretty glow to your dinner table in the evening.
PIN THIS TROPICAL PARTY TABLESCAPE FOR LATER!
HOW MUCH DOES THIS TROPICAL PARTY TABLE COST?
To make this super easy to recreate, below please find a supply list with online links to all the items used in this tablescape along with prices…saving you TONS of time!
– Luau Leaf Light-Up Lanterns $5.47 (set of 3)
– Wood Chargers $14.99 (set of 6)
– White Round Paper Dinner Plates $9.49 (pack of 75)
– Tropical Teal Paper Dinner Plates $4.29 (pack of 18)
– Tropical Teal Beverage Napkins $2.49 (pack of 50)
– White Dinner Napkins $5.99 (pack of 24)
– Premium Metallic Gold Cutlery $6.49 (set of 8)
– Ceramic Tiki Tumblers $1.99 (set of 4)
– Gold and White Striped Paper Straws $3.99 (pack of 24)
– Medium Silk Palm Leaves $14.99 (set of 12)
– Large Faux Tropical Potted Plant $24.99
– Smaller Faux Tropical Potted Plants $19.99 each
PARTY TABLESCAPE DESIGN SERIES
If you missed the first table, here is the FLAMINGO PARTY TABLESCAPE I shared last week with tips and online shopping list!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR LOTS OF INSPIRATION!
CLICK HERE to check out my PINTEREST BOARD full of recipes, parties, home decor, DIY projects and more!
DON’T MISS A THING!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it! AND…you’ll get a code for 10% off your next order in our shop. YUP…GOTTA LOVE THAT!
LOOKING FOR MORE ADULT PARTY IDEAS? CHECK OUT THESE ADULT PARTIES:
(Click on any of these to see the full posts)
– How to Set Up a Candy Buffet & How Much Does it Cost?
– Spooky Soiree Halloween Dinner Party
– Bling Spider Halloween Tablescape
– Black Widow Halloween Tablescape
– Vintage Spider Halloween Tablescape
– Gold and Plaid Halloween Dinner Party
– Haunted Farmhouse Candy Table
– Fall Favorite Things Party
– Halftime Rocks Football Snack Bar
– Thanksgiving Party + Free Printables
– Rustic Chic and Modern Glam Christmas Tables
– Holiday Favorite Things Party
– Gold and Red Christmas Party + Free Printables
– Holiday Dining Table 3 Ways!
– Black and White Christmas Tablescape
– Christmas Gift Wrapping Party
– Gold New Year’s Eve Cocktail Party
– Coffee and Cupcakes Girls Night In
– Citrus and Sun Summer Dinner Party
– Let It Rain Baby Shower
– Gender Reveal Party
– Flower Garden Jelly Bean Bar + Free Printables
– Gold Bridal Shower + Free Printables
– Wild Side Adult Coloring Party
– Recharge Your Awesome Brunch
– Entertaining Made Easy with a Stir-Fry Bar
– Modern Fiesta Party + Chili Bar
– Garden Wedding
– Rustic Glam Pink and Gold Bridal Shower
– Winter White Bridal Shower