Hey, party peeps! I’m starting a series of posts where I’m going to share with you how to style a dining table 5 different ways for 5 different party themes using solid colored tableware. Up first, HOW TO STYLE A FLAMINGO PARTY TABLESCAPE
Flamingo parties are all the rage right now! They are popular for both kids and adult parties. If you’re looking for Flamingo party ideas, this post The first step in designing a tablescape is to decide on the color palette. To give the table a modern look, I went with a simple pink, black/white, and silver color palette. Check out my Girlfriend Tips to make setting this up yourself easy and stress-free.
1. GIRLFRIEND TIP: START WITH DISPOSABLE SOLID COLORED TABLEWARE!
Solid colored disposable tableware gets you more bang for your buck. When planning a party on a budget, I use solid colored tableware. Why? You get more of each item in a package for around the same cost. For example, I can normally get 24 solid colored plates for the same price as a pack of 8 pre-designed plates. This allows me to save a little money that I can put towards a few splurge items which I’ll show you later in the post. AND…believe it or not, this silver cutlery is also disposable! Gotta love that!
2. GIRLFRIEND TIP: MIX PATTERNS WITH YOUR SOLID TABLEWARE!
Create an interesting place setting for your Flamingo party tablescape by mixing simple patterned tableware, in the same colors as your solid colored tableware. Using 1-2 different patterns adds some pizzazz without being too busy. I simply added a pink and white polka dot beverage napkin and a black and white striped paper straw, dessert plate, and napkin.
3. GIRLFRIEND TIP: USE GLASS STEMWARE & CHARGER PLATES!
One easy way to add a high-end look to your disposable tableware is to use glass stemware.
Another way to instantly add glam to your place setting is to layer your plates on top of charger plates in your place setting. It makes your place setting bigger and more grand.
PRO GIRLFRIEND TIP: Party planners, keep a set of charger plates in your inventory in both silver and gold so you can use them over and over again in any party theme. You will get a tremendous return on your investment with charger plates!
4. GIRLFRIEND TIP: ADD SPARKLE TO YOUR TABLESCAPE!
You guys know this is my favorite part! My motto is “Everybody needs a little sparkle!” and I carry this motto into my party planning. Adding a crystal tree to this Flamingo party tablescape added the sparkle I wanted and…seriously…how fabulous is it!
PRO GIRLFRIEND TIP: These crystal trees are a great item to have in your inventory also. They look amazing on high tops at receptions and are stunning on banquet tables as centerpieces. They are pricey but worth it. They are so versatile that I use them in corporate galas, adult parties, and kid’s parties.
5. GIRLFRIEND TIP: FINISH WITH A THEMED CENTERPIECE!
Want to make this flamingo centerpiece yourself?
Step 1: Paint the inside and outside of two wood boxes white. When dry, wrap each box with a piece of black and white striped ribbon. Secure the ends of the ribbon with double-sided tape.
Step 2: Assemble the flamingo decoration set (comes with all four flamingos). Slip black and white paper straws over the metal flamingo legs.
Step 3: Place one big and one small flamingo inside each box and tape the flamingos’ legs to the inside back of both boxes. Fill the box with a vase filler of your choice.
Step 4: To finish, place rhinestone flower clips all along the top edges of the wood boxes. If you don’t have clips, you can simply use hot glue to attach the flowers along the top edges of the boxes.
PRO GIRLFRIEND TIP: These wood boxes are extremely versatile for lots of party themes. To reuse these, don’t secure the ribbon directly to the boxes. Instead, pull the ribbon tightly around the box and secure the ribbon to itself with double-sided tape. Also, try to find flower clips instead of using hot glue to secure the flowers to the box. This way you can easily remove the flowers and ribbon without damaging the box after your party and reuse them again.
PIN THIS FLAMINGO PARTY TABLESCAPE FOR LATER!
HOW MUCH DOES A FLAMINGO PARTY TABLE COST?
To make this super easy to recreate, below please find a supply list with online links to all the items used in this tablescape along with prices…saving you TONS of time! You’re welcome! We’re girlfriends, after all, right?
– Flamingo Family Yard Decorations $12.99
– Black & White Striped Luncheon Napkins $15.99
– Black Round Paper Dinner Plates $3.99
– Candy Pink Paper Dessert Plates $2.99
– Hot Pink Polka Dot Beverage Napkins $1.99
– Candy Pink Beverage Napkins $2.49
– Premium Metallic Silver Cutlery $6.49
– Candy Pink Paper Cups $2.49
– Black Striped Paper Straws $4.49
– Black & White Striped Table Runner $19.99
– Cylinder Champagne Flutes $12.99/2
– Black & White Striped Ribbon $14.99
– Wood Flower Box $14.99 each
– Flower Hair Clips .80¢ each
– Crystal Tree $89.99
– Styling & Photography: Soiree Event Design
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR LOTS OF INSPIRATION!
CLICK HERE to check out my PINTEREST BOARD full of recipes, parties, home decor, DIY projects and more!
DON’T MISS A THING!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you can get all my blog posts delivered right to your email’s inbox so you won’t miss a thing! Subscribing is easy! Just enter your email address in the above right corner of this page and be sure to confirm your email once you get our confirmation to your inbox! That’s it! AND…you’ll get a code for 10% off your next order in our shop. YUP…GOTTA LOVE THAT!
LOOKING FOR MORE ADULT PARTY IDEAS? CHECK OUT THESE ADULT PARTIES:
(Click on any of these to see the full posts)
– How to Set Up a Candy Buffet & How Much Does it Cost?
– Spooky Soiree Halloween Dinner Party
– Bling Spider Halloween Tablescape
– Black Widow Halloween Tablescape
– Vintage Spider Halloween Tablescape
– Gold and Plaid Halloween Dinner Party
– Haunted Farmhouse Candy Table
– Fall Favorite Things Party
– Halftime Rocks Football Snack Bar
– Thanksgiving Party + Free Printables
– Rustic Chic and Modern Glam Christmas Tables
– Holiday Favorite Things Party
– Gold and Red Christmas Party + Free Printables
– Holiday Dining Table 3 Ways!
– Black and White Christmas Tablescape
– Christmas Gift Wrapping Party
– Gold New Year’s Eve Cocktail Party
– Coffee and Cupcakes Girls Night In
– Citrus and Sun Summer Dinner Party
– Let It Rain Baby Shower
– Gender Reveal Party
– Flower Garden Jelly Bean Bar + Free Printables
– Gold Bridal Shower + Free Printables
– Wild Side Adult Coloring Party
– Recharge Your Awesome Brunch
– Entertaining Made Easy with a Stir-Fry Bar
– Modern Fiesta Party + Chili Bar
– Garden Wedding
– Rustic Glam Pink and Gold Bridal Shower
– Winter White Bridal Shower